Party Wall Act

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm just wondering if the P.W.A is required in this situation (pic is attached).
Neighbours are fine with the works but I'd like to cover both parties and do it by the book.

The centre of the 2 garages is the boundary wall, we will be extending from the house to 1 meter away from the boundary (side of there external garage)

many thanks

Stephen

Attachments

• 20220119_173126.jpg
    20220119_173126.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 119
Sponsored Links
Our house is the one on the left of the picture, its a 2 storey extension.
After knocking our garage down I have agreed to make good my neighbours side with new facia and to redo the felt and flashing and guttering to the side of there garage.

I can't find anything online to show a similar project, would I be right to think that the boundary wall will be just 1 single brick?

Last edited:
If the neighbours are fine with the work, you can serve a notice and they can agree, sign it and return it and that's that.

Thanks Woody, is this just something both parties keep for future reference..i.e.. there is no need to get anyone else involved

Sponsored Links
That's right.

Your obligations and their assurances remain the same whether surveyors get involved or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back