Party Wall Extension alongside Extension/Convervatory

Ok, so I've dug a hole down on our side where the conservatory starts. There's actually a wall along the boundary - taken down where their extension is but runs from where conservatory starts - and the conservatory sits the other side of that.

It looks to have brick strip foundations, no footings, bricks on the ground, 700mm down, and we'll be going deeper. I can't tell what's behind that supporting the conservatory, so might have to assume that the wall is helping to support that too.

So, what options do we have to ensure we don't have any issues when we excavate? If it makes any difference, we're having beam and block because the floor is a couple of foot above the ground to match the floor height of the back of the house. Underpinning the wall? Is that viable with no footings and the wall starts just over mid way along our base? Someone suggested raft footings to get around going lower, but I've read that's not usually done with beam and block and it's more expensive.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back