Party wall notice questions

Sponsored Links
It's a pitched roof, a couple cm out on the verge from what I can see on the structural plan.

A verge should project to shelter the wall below, else it gets soaked. 50mm tends to be a minimum, 20mm is not enough.

A wall needs to be set back so that no part of the roof crosses the boundary. That will give your set back on the foundation too.

Sponsored Links
A verge should project to shelter the wall below, else it gets soaked. 50mm tends to be a minimum, 20mm is not enough.

A wall needs to be set back so that no part of the roof crosses the boundary. That will give your set back on the foundation too.

Good point.

Sorry I just used the wrong words by saying a couple, it is probably 50mm on the plans:rolleyes:

For the alley side the wall will be flush.

Last edited:
Ok, the more complicated side is clear:)

The attached neighbour was positive, in my notice I included that foundations may project a little under their land which they had no issue with signing. From what woody said this will not be necessary anyway.

On a side note, I contacted Planning and they claimed they have seen PD applications going through (on appeal) with extensions astride the boundary i.e beyond the property cartilage. I decided to stay within mine. Anything shared with neighbouring land means only trouble in the long run...

Now I have to serve the excavation notice for the alley side neighbours, with footings projecting at 50mm we are digging 2950mm from them :confused:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back