Party Wall Notice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had my extension plans to extend out the back of my house approved by the council and would like to serve notice to my neighbours on the proposed works.
I live in a semi detached so as I understand it, I must submit a 3-metre notice to my adjoining neighbour. My question is, on the other side, the detached side of my house, my neighbour has already extended out the back of their house so my new extension will run in parallel to theirs.
Between their extension and my proposed extension there would be about 1.70m, would I still need to serve notice to this neighbour ?

Many Thanks,

Marv.

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm aware they do not serve Party Wall Notice's.
A party wall notice is to inform the neighbour of when the work is due to start and what is to be done.

As i understand it i think you need to submit a party wall notice to the detached house as well, if you are as close as 1.7m from them. Google "party wall act" ,should give you a few tips and even some letter templates are available from some sites .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back