PAS24 security Door for Non-Standard Door Aperture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small front porch, which I had double-glazed a couple of years ago. The uPVC "security" door is so flimsy that a good sneeze would take it down. It's pointless replacing this door with something more solid, as the porch frame it attaches to is lightly-constructed wood.

There is an internal door from the porch to the main part of the house, this goes through an aerated concrete block wall, providing an ideal place to solidly bolt a PAS24-approved security door in place. Trouble is, the door aperture is an internal doorframe size - 2060x910mm, and all of the PAS24 doorsets I've come across are sized for external use, so none will fit this aperture.

Multi1 have quoted me £880 for a hardwood PAS24 door made to order and fitted. Another, more extreme option is a Hormann KSI steel door, this fits the aperture and costs around £1000, but I don't want my house to feel like a crack den.

Has anyone dealt with Multi1 before, are they any good? Are there any other options to put a secure, PAS24 approved door into this space that I haven't thought of?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back