Paslode IM350

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have inherited this nailer and has had very little use. I came to use it after it has been stood for nearly 12 months and the problem is after its fired the first nail, gas is escaping from the back for about 30 seconds and then stops, this continues after every nail is fired. Any ideas would be appriciated,

Thanks John :cool:

Sponsored Links
best nailgun in the business but after 12 months of non use i reccomend you go out and buy a paslode cleaning kit and give it a really good service they are only around £25 imagine a car stood for 12 months there would be a few bits seized or sticking

dont bother spending that much, just buy some brake cleaner it does exactly the same.

are you sure its the gas? normally after firing a nail, the fan kicks in for a short while, thats what it sounds like to me, but as others have said a clean wouldnt do any harm

Sponsored Links
Everytime you fire a nail the fan kicks in for this period so it is not gas escaping. Paslodes can be quite temperamental so I recommend cleaning it following the instructions in the kit or downloaded from their site. I normally do this once or twice a year depending on amount of use. I agree this is a superb piece of kit and has saved me thousands when roofing and framing.

Thanks for your replies, having used the nailer for a decking job I think you guys are correct its the fan kicking in.

I think my hammer and nails will be gathering cobwebs from now on these guns are the dogs :LOL:

The fan is there to vent the exhaust gas, if it ever doesnt fire as the fan kicks in you'll smell the un-burnt gas.

Dead easy to service as well, as said above just use brake cleaner to get rid of the old oil, give it a wipe, re-oil the o ring and re assemble and it will work, yes they can be tempramental but also very simple things to work on, if after the clean it still wont fire then it may be the gas is too cold, keep the gas in the cab of your van or indoors if your DIY, it really does matter

i wish someone would give me one and like said previously they do need a regular clean.

I have the 2nd fix brad nailer and have used it almost every working day for around 6 years i guess and never cleaned it!!!
Worth every penny and never missed a beat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back