Passing water supply and utils through footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Im picking my kitchen extension job back up, after loads of delays, builders pulling out etc im just starting myself and getting as far as i can.

I need to pass the drainage through the footings, as per usual using a bridge/lintel method with 100mm clearance.

My question is i have a new water supply that i will be layed in 115mm drainage pipe and labeled water, but needs to be 750mm minimum. So do i go deeper and go under footings, id rather avoid this. Or is it ok to just have it poured and surrounded? After all its a duct. Gas also needs to be layed from the same entry side

Sponsored Links
The pipe has already been done and is currently out the ground. New boundary box has been installed. Footings shouldnt be more than a meter based on what iv already dug and exposed but will see.

You can't put a gas pipe through or under footings.

The water pipe can go through a 100mm pipe, no need to bridge over it with a lintel. You will need to extend the foundations down around the pipe, rather than dig out for the pipe, then fill that in then pout the concrete on top.

Edit: i wouldnt of put the gas under footings, but i was thinking i could have gone through with a bridge? That still a nono?

Il post a little drawing so i know im on the right track.

Sponsored Links
concrete.png

here's a little picture i made!

there's an existing water supply that has to go through, it's inside ducting at somewhere near 500mm below ground level. this cant be changed as it runs across the back of our property to supply next door's water.

next to it, is my proposed new pipe inside a 115mm drainage pipe that will have a sweep bend back up into the inside of the extension, coming through the base, i will then pop a grommet in.

next to that is something id "like" to do. our gas is capped off and needs a new supply. ideally, id like a new pipe layed under the extension that will run back to the meter, this will avoid clipping pipes to external of walls, or having to pass gas pipes
in a cross battened cieling in the kitchen.

So, water can go straight through as it's already protected with ducting. and if i struggle with depth, i must dig lower to allow the concrete to completly "wrap" around the pipe, or if it ends up like the picture its fine anyway?

how do i stand with the gas? would this be something a gas bloke would want to avoid? i think the inspector will want the gas pipe lagged to protect it from the concrete, but not duct it in case it leaked into the property?

sorry, im kinda going over things here but i want it to be right and dont want to set off on a bad start with the BCO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back