Passiontec Co Uk

S

SammyInnit

Wasn't really sure where to put this thread but seeing as it's about buying tools and a frequent the T&M board more often than others I thought maybe it'll do.

Not sure if anyone else has been on there but I'm wondering if anyone has used it to buy tools from?

Looks like a German company but have some sort of tie in the UK.

I'm considering ordering from them as their Makita cordless plunge saw is £50 cheaper than anywhere else and they have a CXT Angle drill which no other UK stockist has.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Sponsored Links
I had some Bosch 10.8 batteries off them last year. They where almost half the price of UK outlets, I though it was a mistake but it was not. Arrived three days later via DHL. Good communications and updates.

I would recommend them.

I had some Bosch 10.8 batteries off them last year. They where almost half the price of UK outlets, I though it was a mistake but it was not. Arrived three days later via DHL. Good communications and updates.

I would recommend them.

Thanks for that.

brought a drill from them, sent quick from germany. shame it was the wrong drill, worth alot less money.

they wanted me to ship it back at my own expense and i refused. They refused to forward me the money and also wanted me to send it unrecorded/ insured for cheapness promising to pay me my money back if they get the drill back. it took 3 weeks to sort out, i had to contact my bank and payment service and they finally agreed to pay for shipping. i woulnt have been bothered but the shipping was about £60 fully tracked, insured with electronic signatures etc....

so they are prob great most of the time, but if it goes wrong you will find a very it very hard to deal with them.

Sponsored Links
I did buy something from Germany (another company) before christmas via ebay - never arrived and the only saving grace was the fact I'd done it through ebay so didn't have to spend long messing about. These aren't on ebay, but do accept paypal so I'm thinking of paying that way as I've not got a credit card.

Just tried my luck and gone through PayPal doing it. Cost £7 to do it that way but on a £400 order that bit of security PP offer is worth while. Let's see.

Attachments

• 2018-04-09_22-21-10.png
    2018-04-09_22-21-10.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 318
Euro companies are bound by the same distance selling regs as UK ones.

I've had quite a bit of stuff from other EU companies and never had a problem. Always delivered within days - which still amazes me. I hate to say it, but I'd hope things continue the same when we leave.

So my order arrived yesterday morning without any fault or complaints. Quite brilliant and I've saved a good bit of money over UK prices. Wasn't able to get the angle drill in the UK either.

Sort of related, not sure if it interests anyone, the DSP600 cordless track saw is unbelievable. Should anyone want, I could post a short review with my limited experience.

Euro companies are bound by the same distance selling regs as UK ones.

2) Conclusion of the Contract
2.1 The product descriptions in the Seller’s online shop do not constitute binding offers on the part of the Seller, but merely serve the purpose of submitting a binding offer by the Client.

https://www.passiontec.co.uk/agb.html

Their terms and conditions are rather odd.

2) Conclusion of the Contract
2.1 The product descriptions in the Seller’s online shop do not constitute binding offers on the part of the Seller, but merely serve the purpose of submitting a binding offer by the Client.

https://www.passiontec.co.uk/agb.html

Their terms and conditions are rather odd.
That seems to be basic retail offer/acceptance principle. It's called "Invitation to Treat"

The shop is not offering the product at the price, but is merely displaying a product and suggesting a price. It is up to the potential customer to make the offer to buy at the suggested price.

This was contained in precedent UK law case Boots Cash Chemist 1953.

Just bought a Makita plunge saw. Really great price and fast delivery. I was slightly nervous when I ordered - simply because the cost was so attractive - but I can't see now that there was any reason to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back