password

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi wondering if theres a way to stop my teenage son accessing my net book laptop. im the only user and am the administrator. somehow he starts it in safe mode and then gets on it. now im a noob when it comes to computers but would like or am wondering if there is away to stop him.he has his own pc so no need for him to use mine and im worried that he might pick up a virus ect.

Sponsored Links
People that can't spell etc, are beyond contempt, but on this occasion, set a BIOS password, press del or f12 or whatever required, or just slap your child for stealing your computer.

Sponsored Links
All the proof I need is in your posts.

As for adding stuff to the thread..

Don't bother with a BIOS password. On a laptop, it will be a royal pain in the butt should you forget it. Add a password to the admin account (that is, Administrator, not your user).

Don't bother with a BIOS password. On a laptop, it will be a royal pain in the butt should you forget it. Add a password to the admin account (that is, Administrator, not your user).

The OP already has one, idiot! they posted that, and said the user used f5 to bypass it...durr.

How can someone be so stupid to not read a thread?

The OP already has one, idiot! they posted that, and said the user used f5 to bypass it...durr.

How can someone be so stupid to not read a thread?

The OP is almost certainly not using the Administrator account. You cannot bypass the password on an account just by booting into safe mode. You can, however, access the Administrator account (which is typically unpassworded) by doing so (you don't have to boot into safe mode, but most people don't know that). There is a significant difference between an admin account and the Administrator account.

Please take your insults elsewhere.

So you contradict yourself? And provide false information? Safe mode doesn't work according to yourself? Get a grip of yourself.

So you contradict yourself? And provide false information? Safe mode doesn't work according to yourself? Get a grip of yourself.

More inane babbling and insulting because you can't comprehend being wrong. Go away.

More inane babbling and insulting because you can't comprehend being wrong. Go away.

The sign of someone proved incorrect. second time babbling is used..in a thread, and the term go away, why not take your own advice?

Sponsored Links
Back