Past Feeling Hungry?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone else get this?

I havent eaten since tea time last night ( went on computer early and couldn't be bothered to go make some toast for breakfast ), and I was hungry earlier with the rumbling stomach and all, but now I'm not anymore..

I've had it before when I've gone on site early thinking that I'll grab a sandwich at a greasy spoon somewhere on th way down, or find a cafe when I get there, but the next thing I know it's 16:30 and I'm packing up to come home and realise I havent eaten all day..

Sponsored Links
Your body goes into starvation mode.

It can keep going like that for a long time too...aslong as you don't burn too much.

I tend to only eat one meal a day in the evening, but sometimes I gotta get some grits when my blood sugars drop I get the shakes.

The the worse thing you can do is starve yourself.

You should aim to give your metabolism something to burn every couple of hrs maybe an apple or banana etc which keeps the fire stoking.

This is how to lose weight. Not giving it food only makes you tired and does nothing for your waist line. :(

Sponsored Links
I use to do this lots, esp in my college and uni days, and after that

I say to myself I'll eat something forget or dont bother then come the rumbles they settle or I learn how to control them and sip water all day.

Sometimes this is okay, as there may be enough energy in your body to keep you going, but I would suggest eating something as your brain nor body will function as it should, or you could just say its lent or ramadan and give yourself a pat on the back :rolleyes:

The the worse thing you can do is starve yourself.

You should aim to give your metabolism something to burn every couple of hrs maybe an apple or banana etc which keeps the fire stoking.

This is how to lose weight. Not giving it food only makes you tired and does nothing for your waist line. :(

....well, it does make you lose weight, but not in a healthy way ;)

Also if you haven't eaten for long time whe you do it your body stores it more as it doesn't know when it will be 'fuelled' again so not a good idea to go long periods without something

When I was a big drinker I would go for couple days with hardly anything, maybe a sandwich or burger every 2 days

I eat roughly every 2-3 hrs or so depending if I'm hungry, the body need foods all day by eating small mini meals is the best way to boost metabolism which burn more calories and you won't feel hungry, going without food for longer period you will put on weight in the long run! I eating more with mini meals than I used to when having 3 meals a day and don't put on weight.

3 meals a day is bad for you, no need to go on the diet, just change the way you eat

Though of you struggling with weight problem, I'm not expert but have a look at Virgin Coconut Oil which is the healthiest oil on planet, make sure it's virgin and not just coconut oil. I have a spoonful with hot water before I hit the gym which boost my energy level, also I have a spoonful 20 mins before eating meals, approx 3-4 times a day and have noticed I'm losing fat of my stomach for the first time but do exercise as well

http://www.coconutdiet.com/

From what I understand Virgin coconut oil is also good for low thyroid function.

http://www.coconutdiet.com/thyroid_health.htm

:confused: is there any reputable proof of these claims?

Today thousands of people testify that Virgin Coconut Oil has tremendous health benefits, related to not only weight loss, but to such things as increased metabolism, helping sluggish thyroids, increased energy levels, killing Candida and yeast infections, improving cholesterol levels, clearing up skin infections, killing viruses, improving digestive health, and more! All across America health care practioners, including MDs, chiropractors, nurses, nutritionists, naturopaths, and others are seeing positive results in their patients or clients when using Virgin Coconut Oil. We bring you many of their stories on the pages of this website.

:LOL: What a load of nonsense.

The body is pretty simple really, if you eat more calories than you get rid of...you get fat.

The human body was not designed to constantly be eating...how would that work in cave man days?? You went without food for days at a time quite often.

There are tricks to make the body more efficient, like eating little and often, but that is not what they are designed for....you might just as easily say that we were designed to smoke...after all that keeps weight down.

The human body was not designed to constantly be eating...how would that work in cave man days?? You went without food for days at a time quite often.

How can you possibly know that? The hunter/gatherer was probably munching all day long every time he found something worth eating.

If you don't eat your body thinks there's a food shortage going on and will store up calories.

The body is pretty simple really, if you eat more calories than you get rid of...you get fat.
er yes you're right there :confused: :confused: no idea what you're getting at
We are not in a cave man days now are we :?: :confused: we don't fight for foods now, there's plenty of choices
There are tricks to make the body more efficient, like eating little and often, but that is not what they are designed for.
So 3 meals a day or without food for a few days is what the body is designed for and mini meals is bad and unhealthy for you? The important part of mini meals is knowing the right portion sizes otherwise over eating problem.

How can you possibly know that? The hunter/gatherer was probably munching all day long every time he found something worth eating.

If you don't eat your body thinks there's a food shortage going on and will store up calories.

I can know that because the body wasn't designed full stop.

All I am saying is that you don't need to go all health freaky to get to or stay at a reasonable weight. You can eat all day long once in a while, you can then decide to not eat for a day or so and then stuff your face...however if you exercise enough there isn't a problem.

er yes you're right there :confused: :confused: no idea what you're getting at
We are not in a cave man days now are we :?: :confused: we don't fight for foods now, there's plenty of choices
There are tricks to make the body more efficient, like eating little and often, but that is not what they are designed for.
So 3 meals a day or without food for a few days is what the body is designed for and mini meals is bad and unhealthy for you? The important part of mini meals is knowing the right portion sizes otherwise over eating problem.

I am not saying your way is wrong, I am saying that there is no 'right' way'...all these 'magic' cures do is muddy the water. Take it from the atheletes who eat 8-10 thousand calories a day and still are healthy.

Sponsored Links
Back