PAT Testing figure 8 mains lead

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
I was the manager so the buck stopped with me and yes I want a PA as then it could be controlled better but they would not allow me to fit one.

Fill the mains inlet on the radio with glue, and buy the workers a set of rechargeable batteries, and a charger which lives in the office.

Sponsored Links
You'd take a radio off the shop floor because there might be a puddle on the floor and the power cable might fall out and it might go in the puddle and someone might put their hand in the puddle whilst the fallen-out power lead is in there?

Not the most likely scenario really :rolleyes: (and it would do next to nothing to said person anyway)

Does this apply to any electrical appliance with a removable power lead (be it the figure 8 type, standard IEC 'kettle lead' or anything else?)

Personally, I feel that this over-zealous application of rules is what causes people to become so cynical of H&S in general.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back