PAT Testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm am in the middle of doing my first PAT testing. I'm using a Megga PAT 101.
Is there any equipment I shouldn't test ? I don't like the idea of testing computers because of the sensitive circuitary. What about faxes, photocopiers etc.
Also, i am charging day rate for the job, should I be charging per item, if so can someone sugest how much I should charge?

Thanx in advance

Sponsored Links
Test everything, heres a handy link. http://www.pat-testing.info/ Most people charge per item rather than a day rate. Best one is when you do PAT testing for IT depts and they have hundres of IEC leads to test. Two a minute at 1.25ea Loadsa money. You could always leave out the flash test if you are really worried about the pc's etc.

Class 1 IT equipment should be earth bond tested at 100mA, flash test is not required on any equipment unless it has been altered or repaired.

IEE code of Practice is a must buy

Thanks alot for the advice guys, a massive help as always

Best regards

G Man

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back