PAT testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was thinking about going on a training course for PAT testing as the letting agents I do work for is starting to do the annual checks.I am a gas engineer to trade and I want to know if Id be able to just do the one course and exam to be able to legally carry out the work or if there is other training and exams I would have to put myself through?

Sponsored Links
there isnt a qualification that makes you legally aloud to PAT test, all that is required is that you are 'competent' so anybody can do it really.

however if anything went wrong and you found yourself up in court then
probably the best way to prove your competence is to gain a qualification in PAT testing.

of course this doesnt mean your untouchable, youl still have to make sure you do a good thorou job.

i would recommend you read some books on the subject, the Brian Scadden PAT testing book (see amazon) is a nice introduction and also you'l need the IET code of practice.

id recommend the city and guilds 2377, inspection and testing of in service electrical equipment course.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back