Patching up broken bricks around 6" hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've cut a 6" hole through a cavity wall from the inside using an SDS drill. It's made a bit of a mess on the outside as some of the bricks around the hole have lost about an inch of their outward-facing surface. As you'd expect this is worst near the hole edge and tapers away after 3" from the edge. I was planning on securing a face plate around the hole to hide the jags, using raw plugs and screws.

What's the best approach to tidy up the wall first? I was thinking using cement to glue some of the brick surfaces back to the wall, and to fill in some of the jags. The layer of cement in places may have a raw plug drilled into but I think it may be strong enough. I thought mortar would be too weak and crack with raw plugs, but may be it'd be ok and B&q conveniently sell a 5kg bag of mortar for <£4.

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
forget the mortar - just glue the faceplate to the wall :idea: it`ll cover all the missing bits - there are dozens of products that`ll do it - suitability is printed on each tube - you`ll need a mastic gun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back