patio circle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i know theres loads of stuff on here about patios but need some help please. i have build a wall in my garden about 3 foot high and have back filled it with hardcore to get it more or less straight i am planning to put a 8ft patio circle on it and all around it putting cotswell stones.
do i need to use a whacker plate on the hardcore first before i put the sharp sand down or shall a do it after and is 4 to 5inces of sharp sand ok on top of the hardcore. then when i come to put the patio down do i put them on a dry mix of sand and cement. thanks for ur help

Sponsored Links
yes there is loads of stuff on here about it!

put a layer of mot type 1 stone chippings down over the top of the hardcore and compact them

bed the circle in cement mortar, ie the same as laying bricks.

Good advice. Also, search on this site - it's been answered loads of times. Also, spruce up your posts (grammar, punctuation, etc) - you'll get more people bothering to answer them.

Have fun with the patio.

Sponsored Links
use some in the wet mix for laying the slabs, i favour 4 sharp 2 building and 1 cement.

cancel the rest!
doh.gif

No need for :oops: youll just get a much better longer lasting result ;)

Been back down to order my mot type 1. but they dont do it they said sharp sand compacted will do the job.

well they are talking crap. Funny how they say that when they dont sell MOT. Compacted mot will go down and give a very firm base as good as concrete. Sharp sand wont.

strongbowsteve said:
Been back down to order my mot type 1. but they dont do it they said sharp sand compacted will do the job.

Use a different supplier if that one doen't sell what you want. Travis Perkins, Buildbase, Keyline, the list is endless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back