Patio Door Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to order and fit a patio door myself to save costs. Would like some advice on the size I should order. Pic attached of the door from the outside.

Measurements:
Sill - 2150mm
Width incl the little bit of frame on either side: 2080mm, consistent top middle bottom
Height, incl sill: 2195mm right, 2195mm middle, 2185mm left
Visible in pic - the left of the door seems to "hide" more in the frame/render around it - would this affect the size I should go for?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-20240129-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240129-WA0002.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
Measure externally to the wall, not the render. Take those cover strips off to measure.

Measure the width top, middle and bottom. Take the shortest measurement and deduct 10mm.

Measure the height at each end from cill bottom to the lintel head minus 10mm. It may be possible to drop the cill and avoid a step over the threshold, in which case you'll need to allow for this in the dimensions.

Sponsored Links
I hate answering the 'wrong' question as so many on here do, but... Can you not find a company that does both supply and/or supply and fit? If so, you could ask them to come and measure for you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back