Patio Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a patio door which is lower on one side than the other

On the side where the height is ok I can access the roller at the bottom of the patio door

However, on the side where the height is lower I cannot readily access the roller at the bottom of the patio door

See photos of top and bottom of the patio door, the lower side shown

As you can see there is a PVC plastic cover, covering the side of the door. I expect th roller and height adjustment is below this pvc cover.

How do I get this pvc cover off and on again

Sliding Patio Door.jpg
Sliding Patio Door Roller Access 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
A thin paint scraper type tool between the ' plastic cover' and where it meets the sliding door. It's only clipped in. Depending on the make it may have a to be clipped on between the fixed and sliding pane first upon refitting

Sponsored Links
Doors between the house and the street should be like front doors - sturdy and not let air in when it's cold outside the window. I would recommend installing French doors.
Firstly , holy thread revival!
secondly Sliding doors are external grade doors . A decent set will have many locking points and anti lift mechanisms. They are perfectly acceptable, not my personal choice but acceptable
No window or door should let air in when it's hot or cold ( unless open obviously lol ), what a bizarre statement .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back