Patio Grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just finished laying my patio (bradstone buff) on a full mortar bed and I'm ready to grout/point, 10mm gap.

I'm only an ameture so want it to be fairly easy.

I've read up loads on dry mixes, wet mixes, geo-fix etc. but I'm just so concerned on staining.

I've seen people using a gun to pump it in but I'm confused why this doesn't stain the slabs as they seem to make a mess doing it, then rub the joints and more mortar goes over the slabs, but then they sweep up at the end and no staining. I dropped 1 small amount of mortar on a slab while laying and its stained it.

I was looking to drymix 3:1 soft sand/cement and brush in but I've read this is not a great way of doing it. Plus the sand is always wet in the bag.

Anyone have any good tips and methods for a good job?

Many Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
when using a gun `you pump it in and then leave it for an hour or more to go stiff, it is then dry enough where you can scrape off any excess and strike the joint. Then a light brush to finish.

You could use a one part sweep in product but most of them are crap.

Marshalls weatherpoint is probably the best of the bunch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back