Patio over waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to put a patio down. As you can see from the photo there are two pipes close to the house. The patio will be one brick down from the DPC, so 75 - 85mm, and I thought I would put an Aco Linear Drain up against the wall so the top of the drain is level with the patio, one brick below the DPC.

Once you get down to a solid level, the ground is beautiful red clay. In case you were wondering why I dug so far down, the area used to have the external toilet there and the foundations for that were awful - loads of holes and gaps between full size bricks used for hardcore so I dug that out and am going to fill and compact with MOT 1 sub-base.

My question is, how do I bed the linear drain in? The examples I see say concrete but am I ok the concrete over the pipe nearest the wall? Will that damage the waste pipe or put too much pressure on it?

I am not an expert by any stretch but I have laid a couple of patios in the past and they held up well. Any advice would be appreciated and if it is 'get a trade person in' then fine, but I still would like the advice on how to install the linear drain there.

Thanks for your help.

aDSsa6a.jpg

Sponsored Links
where is the dpc?

what are the grey pipes doing?

The dpc is the mortar line at the bottom of the wooden door sill.

The grey pipes will be going. We were originally going to extend there and that was going to be the underfloor heating pipes for the new room but that's not going to happen now. They are not connected to anything inside the house and I don't think heating the patio floor will be an option :)

Sponsored Links
Its plastic pipe.
You wont damage it with compacted mot stone ect .
Base it up, sand cement over pipe if you want to be ott and lay the patio.

Plastic pipe is very strong unlike salt glaze and clay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back