patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am thinking of laying a new patio 9M*3M on a 50mm bed of building sand levelled & compressed and then grout between joints - is this a good idea?

Sponsored Links
no, it will move and sink and become uneven, with the pointing breaking up. Lay it on a wet mortar bed

Sponsored Links
whatever it is, if its on building sand there is only one way it will go

I fully agree about the building sand but if its block paving a grit/ sharp sand base will be fine.

quite busy enuff, ta. this is my day off for the fortnight, and am supposed to be fixing our leaking shower.....

hmmm.. 'The OP is pointing between joints, so I doubt it is block paving...'

Fair point didn't see that bit, dunces cap for me. :( PS. i still haven't worked out how to use the quote facility!?

press the quote button on the the post that you want to quote. the post will then appear on your reply. you can edit out any bit you dont want between the start and finish quote words in square brackets. give it a try!

now put the cap on :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back