patriotism

Freddie said:
......................... i am afraid the Earth is damaged beyond repair................

I agree with the posts around this part of the thread, but the earth has suffered worse than this and will do again. It's ok, it's self-repairing.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
Freddie said:
......................... i am afraid the Earth is damaged beyond repair................

I agree with the posts around this part of the thread, but the earth has suffered worse than this and will do again. It's ok, it's self-repairing.

Yes i agree oilman but i meant beyond repair that our lifes can carry on the way they doo, personally for those who survive you will be living as they did in Victorian times

Freddie said:
Yes i agree oilman but i meant beyond repair that our lifes can carry on the way they doo, personally for those who survive you will be living as they did in Victorian times

Great, no more cement render, PVA or MDF :D . As for the lifestyle, I doubt it will be as comfortable as the Victorians had.

oilman said:
Freddie said:

Great, no more cement render, PVA or MDF :D . As for the lifestyle, I doubt it will be as comfortable as the Victorians had.

Candles for light--logs and coal for fuel--horse and cart for transport and home grown food---you will love it Oilman and you know it :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
The biggest problem is intensive farming. We can't live without it yet without fertilizer (made from natural gas) we are completely stuffed.

It's about more than transport. Concrete is a huge user of energy, as are brick and steel producing furnaces. Plastics are (as you all know) made from oil. Everything in life will cost many times the price it costs today.

Life as we know it will cease to exist. We are living in a fool's paradise. We produce nothing, we are living on borrowed time.

joe

A record from 1973 by Hudson and Ford called Burn Baby Burn and a film called No Blade of Grass from 1970 are two perfect examples, and they think all the enviromental stuff is new. :confused:

Oooohhhhhhh dear, it's all doom an gloom.

Candles? ok
Coal mines? Shut (thanks Thatcher)
Horse and Cart? only if you're rich, and getting enough horses will take years, not to mention the tack that's needed.
Homegrown food? no problem.

Haaaaaaappy Newwwww Yeeeeeear :cry:

oilman said:
Freddie said:

Yeah, I agree. We are but a small part of earths history and once it has cleansed itself of us, will probably continue quite happily...hic.

happy new year to all

:D

now on a darker note

after reading joes url i am now thinking the usa will never pull out of anywhere that has oil

OIL

we are all driven by it ( litteraly) am i right in thinking there will/could be /a war ( wars ) fought over this stuff

should we take out china now as a premtive strike are they thinking the same :eek:

errrr happy new year (MOMMA) :D

joe-90 said:
...please come and join the club of those ignoring the stupid racist.
This statement is libellous.
No it isn't, it's just incomplete. joe-90 is (a) stupid, (b) racist, (c) ignorant of English Law.

Softus - you're replying to him again - join the club, mate - ignore the stupid racist.

ban-all-sheds said:
Softus - you're replying to him again - join the club, mate - ignore the stupid racist.
I have a feeling that I started the club, way back last year. However, I really REALLY want him to attempt to sue me - it would be like having all my Christmas presents, ever, in one go :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back