Paypal hoax email

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

got this today....

JBSMWeb_34.jpg

Security Ctre confirmed it is a hoax.

Tell-tale signs are.....not addressed directly to me.
Spellings naff and ultimately the email (PayPal.com) they sent from is not quite right, if you look carefully.

Advice
If get similar contact Paypal Security Centre.
Dont follow any links they offer.

Always go to Paypals site first. They will advise you from there.

Sponsored Links
i've had a few just like this but not for a while now. the favourite at the moment is one supposedly from barclays bank asking me to update my details. i have never banked with barclays. i have had the same one about 3 times now. :eek:

I had one for an American bank.

I always inform whomever they are trying to rip off, even when I dont bank with them.

Whats even more amusing nearly every day I get about 2 letters telling me someone important has died in a car or plane crash (usually some Nigerian General) and they are the secretary for them with a secret stash.

I was even asked after The Pope died if Id join a secret council and look after their finances.

Its incredible.

Sponsored Links
TheWife said:
I
Whats even more amusing nearly every day I get about 2 letters telling me someone important has died in a car or plane crash (usually some Nigerian General) and they are the secretary for them with a secret stash.

Twice I have persuaded these people to send me some money which I gave to charity.

See this site. http://baita.mugu.co.uk/

it just shows what you can do to scam people, to be honest i think at the mo its the best way to earn a living, they say there is a law against it, why ? its like anything else in this corrupt ridden country everyman for them selfs. Just look at the banks and the house price scam ho yea its all right for them to do it. And please dont say we have to go by the law
WHAT LAW ITS A JOKE anyway good luck scammers you deserve every penny.

notb665 said:
hermes said:

That's a great site. Are you the owner?

No; I wouldn't have the patience to keep it up for long. I told one of the guys I counter-scammed that I was a rice-farmer who lived in Scotland which was a good excuse for not meeting him in Nigeria or wherever because my rice crop was coming up any day and two of my buffalo were sick. When I took the p**s out of him because he had sent me 50 euros instead of me sending him my life savings, he said he was going to search every rice-paddy in Scotland until he found me.

lol lol. That is hilarious. How did you receive the 50 euros? PayPal? Can you hide your address?

got this today

Dear Sir/Madam

We have recently experienced a serious fault with our office’s IT systems. Although we still have your contact details, we have unfortunately lost our copies of your Public Liability Insurance and CORGI registration certificates. Therefore, could you please send us current copies of these as we need them for our records.

We apologise for this problem, caused by circumstances out of our control, and regret the inconvenience it will cause you. However, we must have copies of the aforementioned documents before our partnership with you can continue.

Yours sincerely,

The Contracts Team, Energi Heating

notb665 said:
lol lol. That is hilarious. How did you receive the 50 euros? PayPal? Can you hide your address?
No, it works through Western Union money Transfer. Once the money is sent the sender gives you a password which he has also given to Western Union. You need to go into a local office to pick the money armed with ID and the password. If I remember correctly, you do need an address but if you want to give a false address to the scammer then they will still send the money but Western Union gets to keep it because you will not be able to provide the correct ID. You can still phone the Western Union agent (Like a travel agent) to confirm the money is there and then email the scammer thanking him very much and telling him you bought flowers for one of your mistresses (or whatever), and telling him he must be the most stupid man in Africa for sending money to a rich westerner.

B.O.B DOLE said:
it just shows what you can do to scam people, to be honest i think at the mo its the best way to earn a living, .
I fully agree Bob, in fact I thought of a good one when I read your post. We could get Otto to write down the location of the next asteroid impact and where the only safe place in the world will be. Then we offer to sell this information to people for £500 each. The catch is that we will give them all the wrong location and so only you, me, Otto and our friends will be safe with all our money while the rest of the world perishes. :evil:

hermes said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
it just shows what you can do to scam people, to be honest i think at the mo its the best way to earn a living, .
I fully agree Bob, in fact I thought of a good one when I read your post. We could get Otto to write down the location of the next asteroid impact and where the only safe place in the world will be. Then we offer to sell this information to people for £500 each. The catch is that we will give them all the wrong location and so only you, me, Otto and our friends will be safe with all our money while the rest of the world perishes. :evil:

already tried this hermes dident, get a cent maybe i will go round and knock on pensioners doors, maybe they will buy it.

p.s where does your granny live.............

Sponsored Links
Back