PC to TV help please.

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All.

Could somebody help me out please.

I have a Samsung laptop with a 7 pin 's' type outlet, and a 15 pin VGA Type connector.
My Samsung tv has a marked 'PC in' a 15 pin VGA connector, as well as HDMI 's.

I know it sounds daft but if I get a VGA lead and connect it between them will my TV turn into my monitor :eek: :eek: ??? Or will I need software/drivers etc etc :mad: .

Thank you for any advice.
Regards

Ed.

Sponsored Links
Just connect it up with the VGA cable. Don't forget to set the resolution on your graphics card to that of the monitor.

Sorry if this first comment is too basic... you'll also need to switch the output on which is typically "Function-F7" which will cycle from laptop only to laptop+external to external only. You might find it problematical on laptop+external since the resolutions are unlikely to match; various things can go wrong like not filling the screen or resizing your desktop etc. Depending on the laptop, you may be able to set the output to a different resolution and keep the laptop display correct. If your TV is full HD, your laptop might not be able to drive it correctly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back