PD next door to a listed building

I think the key to this will be establishing the curtilage of the adjoining listed building. As I said before it may not be where you think it is.

If you are sure you are not within the curtilage you should be OK. It doesn't affect your PD rights but it will determine if you need listed building consent which could still derail your proposals.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. I am positive we are not within the curtilage- the listing was applied until 1955 and our house wasn't built until 1975 so isn't included. It's just within the 'setting'
Sorry I'm just venting now. I hate that you have to try to 'wangle' a way around everything when it should be transparent.

Thanks again. I am positive we are not within the curtilage- the listing was applied until 1955 and our house wasn't built until 1975 so isn't included. It's just within the 'setting'
Sorry I'm just venting now. I hate that you have to try to 'wangle' a way around everything when it should be transparent.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Planning. If it was transparent we wouldn't need hoards of town hall bureaucrats and petty councillors meddling in our business and where would the fun be in that?

I've been doing this for over 30 years and I still find Planning infuriatingly complicated and a good number of the planners (not all) a nightmare to work with. The one thing I have learnt is that it is sometimes better to play along with their little game rather than repeatedly banging your head against the wall. I'm also starting to subscribe to the old adage "it is better to seek forgiveness than ask permission" but I would never advise one of my clients to try that, I'd like my insurance premiums to just stay expensive rather than extortionate.

By the way isn't it Part F? But don't get me started on the bloody Building Regs.

Sponsored Links
So every householder on Scotland needs to check the listing status of every single other property around theirs, and any within sight of their property to make sure that whatever they want to do does not impact on any listed building within sight.

That's cleared that one up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back