Combined PD and planning - materials confusion

Unless there's a planning condition preventing use/occupation then, if it was me, I'd just get on with it, and not worry about what the Council think. What are they going to do?

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure I follow, @Nakajo ? They could decide the build was against planning and make us tear it down, couldn't they? Wasting our £££

Please educate me! I'm not sure if I'm being ignorant of something that makes this whole concept easy :)

You have to build out PD extensions before formal PP extensions especially where there is a chance PD extensions no longer become PD (due to the PD rules).

If you want the finish of the PD extension to match that of the PP extension, you need somewhere on the existing house with that particular finish as it will then be considered similar. I’ve already mentioned the process you’d need to go through.

However and why are the LPA so strict on the actual colour of the render? The term ‘similar’ is just that... similar. It doesn’t state the ‘same’.

Just out of interest, is your existing house rendered?

Just out of interest, is your existing house rendered?

Thanks again DOH, really appreciate all the advice.

Our house is white painted pebbledash. It's a form of render, isn't it! I think it will go nicely with monocouche finish in a subtle colour, 'Mushroom' is very nice.

Sponsored Links
That’s fine then and the LPA should not even go into detail about the colour or texture of the render as the proposed finish to the PD extension will be ‘similar’ to the existing house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back