Pebbledash/people and The Great War

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is it with people/pebbledash and cars :?:

Ask 'em nicely - "would you mind moving your car please, it's a little windy and I wouldn't like to splash it " and -
they take it personally.
One woman said: - I will not move it, I live here and i've every right to park here. A bloke said: If you do get paint on it, I'll just sue you :mad:

Is it just me :?:

Sponsored Links
Hence one (of many) reason why i stay clear of exterior work !

Growler said:
What is it with people/pebbledash and cars :?:

Ask 'em nicely - "would you mind moving your car please, it's a little windy and I wouldn't like to splash it " and -
they take it personally.
One woman said: - I will not move it, I live here and i've every right to park here. A bloke said: If you do get paint on it, I'll just sue you :mad:

Is it just me :?:

Had the same but he soon moved it when he saw the grotty old dustsheet more old paint spots than sheet, which I was intending to cover his black shiny ford focus. I mean if it were a bmw ,merc......
Have you had any neighbours who wont let you foot ladder in their garden to get to gables :eek: :LOL: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Had the self same problem two weeks ago...

The car was on the drive slap bang next to the house I was painting

Snotty old cow..I asked her really nicely with a friendly smile on me face "would you mind moving the car onto the other side of the road...im painting next door and I dont ewant to get any spots over it"...

The look on her face was enough ( :evil: )...she first asked "why"..so I said cos im painting and the spots will travel in the wind.

Then she said "why do you sheet it over"...I showed her my scabby exterior sheets and said they had stones in and they may scratch her car..

She said she couldnt put it 'there' in case someone ran into it (in a quiet cul-de-sac!) she couldnt put it 'there' becasue of the sap in the trees...etc

Then moaned becasue she was going shopping and would have to carry her bag from the other side of the rd!..I even offered to do that for her!

And the most annoying thing she kept referring to it as 'the Jaguar'...

So when she moved it back over the road (all of 15 feet!) after I had finnished an hour later, just to **** her off I said...'we nearly bought one of those last week...Rover 75 isnt it?'....her face was an absolute picture.. :evil: ...

Some people just go through life causing themselves so much grief.

:LOL: :LOL:

The stand off I had was cos the young couple next door on the sunday night had a bbq, my customers (in their 80's) put a fkn hospipe over the fence :eek: :LOL: :LOL: couldnt believe it on the monday when i returned to such hostilities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back