parking in front of peoples houses

Brightness said:
We just didn't fit the bill as next door neighbours for them as they thought they were 'posh' & we actually work for a living!

My parents neighbours are like this! I was washing my car out the front, the man of next-door was too. He came over to me and gave me a frantic, earnest and almost embarassed reasoning on why he now drove a Mondeo 1.8LX (yes, he even used the LX bit!) and hadn't bought a Ford Scorpio or a BMW.

It really did seem to bother him that he had, in his eyes, an inferior car, and he even went to great lengths to explain why he had the 1.8 and not the 2.0. Something to do with there being a stop at Dagenham which meant the 2-litre engines were delayed and there wouldn't have been any 2-litre Mondeos for the next 3 months... apparently :eek:

Sponsored Links
well, don't have that problem. Live in a small town...everyone drives a pickup truck or suv....an the rudest thing that happened as a result of parking my truck on a street (usually the city) is that people throw their trash in the back---how rude! There was even a time, someone put a small kitten in the back (which is how I got Boo)

mlb3c said:
.....as a result of parking my truck on a street.... people throw their trash in the back---how rude!

Brilliant ! There is a whisper that our Govn. may begin charging us for removing excess rubbish in the dustbin ... What will 'excess' amount to?

Can they not see the pitfalls? Late night bonfires, more flytipping ( illegally dumping rubbish in unauthorised places ) .... and now bling trucks being topped up with trash... Cheers for that !
:D :D :D

ok.. so I dont know how to do the boxes with he said this and she said that... but mlb. said about people dumping trash in her jeep whilst parking on the street...
I dont like to do violence but if my pals neighbour should come to my house and park on my road outside my house ( wasnt that a harry enfield sketch??) and doesnt move her car then Ill get my neighbours (being a rural dweller) to fill the back of her jeep with a bit of local fertiliser...
(well, Id be tempted but in reality would say nothing unless she blocked my drive when Id be all big and mouthy.. (to my hubby!!!!) and tell him to go and tell her to move!!
to which he'd say... well,... something similar to do it yourself!

Sponsored Links
my little skoda has her limits!
I dont possess a jeep and if I could afford one and bought one it would only be for show purposes, the cumbrian equivalent of a chelsea tractor!
mind you, my poor skoda does resemble a tractor (why clean her when she'll only get covered in cow muck again.. and she sure as heck drives like one at the minute but thats another tale, yawn yawn!

Jeeeesch ...Wheres the Love you bunch of whinny NIMBYs...(not in my backyard )
btw
PMSL ='p*ssing myself laughing' ....

we had this fred awhile ago where it was locked as people started posting how to blow up the offending car ,lol :) :) :)

just where is the love ..lol :)

while you worry an fret over such insignificance (< you can just see I havent cracked open a can yet ,lol;) )
...how would you cope with getting Cancer say ?

I was joking actually Moz.. about my original post where I had got a bollicking for parking outside someones house!!!
Yes, its trivial on scheme of things.
Sometimes its refreshing to put to one side for one moment the serious troubles in life and joke about the trivia.
I havent fought for my country and layed my life on the line for others like that.
I thank my lucky stars that I am not tormented with witnessing world tragedy and cant begin to imagine how it is for those who have.
Cancer.. well thats somewhere I dont want to go to on here.
Think Im going before you do open the stella!
take care all

Toffee, don't go - we need a little light hearted relief occasionally. Now, you could always reinforce your skoda you know :evil: :evil: :evil:

Moz, not getting at you here but I think that most of us have had our lives touched by cancer in some way, either ourselves or we've lost someone we loved to it. Makes you really appreciate life and learn to laugh about the stupid things :D

Talking about blowing things up makes me think back a few years (well more than a few....) we'd just come back from Germany where the IRA had been blowing up army barracks as part of their peace keeping process...

One of these barracks was a few miles from where we were living (our flat actually shook in the blast) and of course our camp was put on Bikini red and we were all told not to get into our cars and start them up unless we'd all looked under and all around them to check for anything suspicious.

In amongst all of this I came home to visit family and was so into this car checking thing that one day I was in the middle of Cardiff City centre with my mother. I passed my son to her and got down on all fours and started looking under the car. This woman walked past and she asked me if I'd lost something. I replied quite seriously that no I hadn't lost anything, I was just checking for bombs...

The woman started ranting at me about being rude when she was going to help - I just stood there looking blankly at her and then Granny realised what had been going on - she tried to explain to this woman who just rolled her eyes and stormed off.

We laughed all the way home!

at my previous address the young woman opposite to us used to park right opposite our driveway ! i could get out after a few shunts but of course the wife had real trouble so i had to back in...
there was no reason for her to park there plenty of spaces either side, anyway i flipped one day and stormed round ( ill spare you the details ) but it made no difference

i even went to the police to find out my rights but im afraid you cant do anything about it :evil: :evil:

why oh why did she do it ? we used to talk to them, first name terms etc

the space outside your house is yours, its an unspoken law of the universe that is a space for you to park your horse and cart, anyone else can park there at their own risk but don't complain if something horrible happens to it. :evil: hell!

poshman said:
at my previous address the young woman opposite to us used to park right opposite our driveway ! i could get out after a few shunts but of course the wife had real trouble so i had to back in...

Poshman, one of our neighbours used to do this all the time and stand grinning at us as we struggled to get on and off our drive.

One day, hubby was home before this guy and then had a few days leave. He parked his car directly opposite to the slope of their drive and left it there. He used my car the whole time he was off, just to really push the message - strangely enough, the w@nk@ has now started putting his car on his drive again......

I had exactly the same thing at the weekend, I went to a friends and parked outside his neighbours as that was the nearest space, an hour later there was a knock at the door to ask if I can move my car to a space the opposite side of the road! I would have told him where to go but didn't want to ruin relations between him and my friend. Yet when I go home, I like to park outside of my house, and about 75% of the time I can, but the rest of the time I have to park a space or 2 down the road which I accept, I could payout to have a drive put in, but I'm not that bothered.

apparentl u can even part infront of a drop kerb, as long as it isnt for a business hat stops trade

my auntie has loads of problems in front of hers, but she has double yellow lines there, so things can get done

Sponsored Links
Back