parking in Manchester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
serious question, i'm going to manchester on wednesday to see UEFA cup final, need to park the car all day but would appreciate suggestions for safe parking (just bought myself a jaguar and would like to drive home in it again!!) from reports there will be anything from 60-100k people going to manchester so i don't expect to just turn up and get a space right outside the stadium,
PS we paid £850 for each ticket how mad is that?

Sponsored Links
Do we want to know you have a jag and more money than sense?

850 not bad as a load of them are going for 1250 mate got offered one yesterday for 400 but he cant get the day off. Gave him one of them looks and said EH where was the phone call. Luck is on our side so come on the Gers and lets hope Hibs do it today.
Seemingly there is loads of parking in Blackpool. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
sorry bodgeit you have misinterpreted my post, i'm not showing off at all, plenty of people choose to buy good cars because we work hard and want one, the price of the ticket was just a comment, i couldn't give a f**k what you think of me, i was seriously asking a question on parking, plenty of people post here for similar daft requests, ( a daft request being something you know the answer to but the OP doesn't hence the question)

ok, it worked!!
i'm embarressed to think someone thought i was showing off, cause its just not me, i'm changing jobs and treated myself to a jag, and my team are going for the quadruple so i will put it down to excitment!! still want advice on safe parking but

You touch that car and the rotweiler in the back will eat you alive.... Can he put fires out then :LOL:

Wee joke for you kirkgas. Aiden Mcgeady and Ali Mcoist go to a brothel in Amsterdam . Mcgeady says to a prostitute "how much for a wee w##k " And quick as a flash Mcoist says "and how much for a legend"

You can't make that assumption because not all the Jags are Mondeo based.

had a mondeo then a vectra and just fancied a change, the 2.0d x-type is mondeo based but i don't see that as a prob, the engine and toys are superb

had a mondeo then a vectra and just fancied a change, the 2.0d x-type is mondeo based but i don't see that as a prob, the engine and toys are superb

Maybe, but you're paying a lot for a badge, and IMHO an inferior car.

And now for a serious answer.

I'm a City fan and go to the stadium a lot - there is no on street parking by the stadium (resident permits) but I wouldn't leave your car there anyway.

If you have phoned the stadium and asked about the on-site parking and they haven't got any, there are a few other options.

1) There are numerous £5 match day parkings close by that are well marshalled, but if you are planning on making a day of it then they probably won't be open when you get there.

2) The stadium is only a 15 minute walk from Picaddilly station - you would probably be able to get all day parking there that would be pretty safe, but it's probably quite expensive

3) Other than that, there's your standard NCP all day carparks knocking about.

Stupid question, have you thought about getting a train? Like I said, easy to get to the stadium from the station, and then you can drink all you want.

wedge 69, cheers for the advice, we did think of the train but there are 4 of us going and i don't mind driving ( i want to be back at work on thursday to dish it out if we win, or take it if we lose!!)

Sponsored Links
Back