Roll on boxing day!!

With my wife being a nurse, I had what I thought was going to be the 'pleasure' of spending last Christmas day at home all on my own, as she worked her little cotton socks off. Despite the fact that I don't like the elongated build up and fuss for one day, it's not the same without your loved ones around you, and a family Christmas dinner two days late wasn't as good either. I'm glad she'll be home this year but have already had enough of the manic preparation...I don't know which is worse! :confused::cry:

Sponsored Links
Seeing one of those 'Christmas lights in a bottle' things gave me an idea.

I made a deal with my first wife. If I'd drill a hole in an empty Scotch bottle and insert some Christmas lights, I wouldn't have to help with the tree and trimmings.

She loves it!

Sponsored Links
Few extra drinks, over indulge on a bit of food with friends or some family, let the cat eat as much turkey and salmon as he wants, but the rest of it - bah humbug!!

well this Christmas is a bit of a non starter,our eldest is working from 1pm to 8pm Christmas eve,1 to 8 Christmas day and 7.30 to 2.30 boxing day,so guess whos not having any drink until 3pm on boxing day,yep me.as he cant drive yet we have to take him and pick him up as buses are hit n miss,on the day of dropping him off i then have to go and pick me little ole mum up and bring her to ours for some eats etc,then drop her home when shes had enough.
oh well life eh.

Got a result - our neighbour invited us to dinner on the day. No cooking for me then and can enjoy quite a few bevvies without driving. Happy days :D

I'm sure we all have a moan about Christmas as some point but not to worry because it will probably be deleted soon so as not to cause offence.

As a house husband, I do all of the 'ings', washing, hoovering, dusting, cleaning, ironing and every other 'ing' apart from shopping and cooking and after reading this thread, knowing that Mrs B is right into Christmas, I thought that I would check on what she has been buying for the big day when her parents are up. There are four of us and with her parents here, there will be six of us on Christmas Day. So what do we have? Sixteen bottles of prosecco, fourteen bottles of Shiraz, six bottles of white carbonet, two dozen cans of export, two dozen cans of cider, three dozen softish alcoholic drinks plus three bottles of brandy, two gin, two vodka, a port and goodness knows what else. We also have enough food to feed a couple of dozen people.
Would I change it? Would I heck. I love buying and giving and love having the family all together. Christmas, as far as I'm concerned is magical but I do understand that many, if not most, do not enjoy it as much as we do. For those people, I hope that the festive period passes as quickly as possible and for those like me, enjoy.

Tv presenters who have to show us what a good time they are having reporting on Christmas markets. :evil:

Love Christmas.
This will be our first Christmas without our girls and we are going to miss them dreadfully :( What's is worse is knowing that they really have left home now.

Merry Christmas everyone.

To all the miserable buggers on here "Merry Christmas"... Ho! Ho! Ho!

Sponsored Links
Back