Roll on boxing day!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I the only one who is sick of this overhyped,overpriced..supermarket driven ,online advertising.tv/radio advertising stupid xmas day........ last night my crazy xmas loving non driving wife had me going to the retail parks searching for that must have /much needed table cloth for the overhyped day.. after finally competing for getting a parking space I refused to go into the crowded shops for the overhyped,overpriced cheap tat and the getting called a miserable bar steward by the xmas loving mad wife I stayed in the car and watched all the idiots men and women coming out of all the shops with stuff to try and make themselves happy... I even saw grown men smiling as they carried out this horrible hatred task..then the battle to get out of the car park was like to me doing the great escape from colditz.. .......... I also hate all those xmas films on tv ...... I am not a miserable git like my wife says but cannot wait to see the back of it

Sponsored Links
Christmas is a great time for kids or families with young kids.

Old gits like me would be happy to sleep right through it.

Roll on January the 2nd. Can't stick Christmas/New Year. I'm plastering and decorating over the silly season.

Sponsored Links
I look on Christmas as a time to have a rest. So what does my wife do? Books us up with family and friends visits pretty much every day of the break.....

Never ceases to amaze me , the amount of people in supermarkets with their trolley's filled to overflowing,,, When the supermarkets are only closed for one day. (I'm on about those who think they have to buy double/triple the weekly shopping for one bloody day) ;);)

I find the whole present-buying, card-sending part of Christmas a real pain and a waste of time. It starts earlier and earlier every year - my local garden centre had their first Christmas decks on sale by September. I hate the thought of giving the Post Office so much money every year just to deliver a few cards.

However, I do like Christmas day: Twinkly lights, playing some Christmas music/carols in the morning and visiting family in the afternoon along with a big plate of roast potatoes.

..then the battle to get out of the car park was like to me doing the great escape from colditz.. ......

Quite; one of the many frustrating things about this time of year is that traffic makes it difficult to get even ordinary, every-day things in from the shops.
Even if you don't want to join in all the Christmas carp, you can't avoid being swept along.

Grinches. The lot of you.
grinch-smiley-emoticon.gif

I look on Christmas as a time to have a rest. So what does my wife do? Books us up with family and friends visits pretty much every day of the break.....
Same here.

My wife loves cooking and, of course, being a 'special day' on which we are visited by 'special people', she has to go overboard and produce far more food that we and our visitors could possibly eat in a week.

I hate warm-ups.

I find the whole present-buying, card-sending part of Christmas a real pain and a waste of time.
Yes, that's another thing this grumpy old man hates.

I thought that we now live in an electronic communications age. Why don't we just text or e-mail all our 'Merry Christmases', or even do it by telephone?

No, I have to write out all the Christmas cards and envelopes, buy dozens of expensive stamps and walk to the post box in the pouring rain.

Love Christmas me.
I can rest, put my feet up and not answer the phone, not bother with emails and not bother with office work. Two weeks of bliss.
Absolutely love Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Back