Parking in London

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I'm going to the Challenge cup final at Wembley stadium on saturday.

Our plan is to drive down from oop north on the A1, and park somewhere nearby in north London, and then get the tube to Wembley.

Previously we have parked at East Finchley station, but it appears this will be closed on Saturday.

We are now looking at parking at Cockfosters and taking the tube from there. Is there good parking here?, or is there somewhere better to park around there? I would prefer free parking being from Yorkshire :LOL:

Ta very much :D

Sponsored Links
Easiest thing will be to park and take the train from Leeds.

In the past I have used Hillingdon tube station, but that is North-West London.Might be an idea as a last resort?

There's very good parking at Cockfosters tube and it's within a few minutes of the M25 and only 1 Junction round from the A1. It's heavily used by commuters but that shouldn't matter on a Saturday. It might cost you a few quid but the on street parking is good too and should be quite safe as the station is in a good area. Definitely better than East Finchley, that's really hard work from the A1.

JohnD is right about the train though, much more civilised.

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting, might I suggest Barnet Tube (Nthn Line). It is only about 10 mins from the A1/M25 Junction at South Mimms, has a camera covered car park and affords easy access to the rest of the tube network. The area is safe, does not have a high car burglary issue and your vehicle would be safe there.

Here is a link to the map in Multimap for your perusal.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&m...-0.19961:14|Barnet Tube Station|Barnet, EN5 5

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

It looks like high barnet is favorite as cockfosters looks to be also affected by engineering works, but high barnet is still running into kings cross as normal.

Thanks for the suggestions people.

RF Lighting said:
Evening all,

We are now looking at parking at Cockfosters

Ta very much :D
I was on the tube once and a female voice said "Is this cock Fosters ?"..well it wasn`t mine :oops:

RF... what are you planning to do, win the game get drunk sleep it off on Sunday and go to the carnival on Monday ;)

go on Transport for London site click on "road users " then tube station car parks might be a help, oh see you there I am working at Wembley Pk tube I will be the underground guy with a big stick trying to keep you northeners in check :)

Why the A1?

The M1 is at least 3 lanes on its entire length (except at Tinsley). Surely easier?

Crafty said:
Why the A1?

The M1 is at least 3 lanes on its entire length (except at Tinsley). Surely easier?

Road works Crafty, and the majority of people will use it, so it will get chocker pretty quick.

Sparky Jim said:
Crafty said:
Why the A1?

Road works Crafty, and the majority of people will use it, so it will get chocker pretty quick.
S'ppose so. :rolleyes:

poshman said:
RF... what are you planning to do, win the game get drunk sleep it off on Sunday and go to the carnival on Monday ;)

Unfortunatly my brave boys didn't quite make it to the final :cry:

I'll be back home saturday night, things to do on sunday :D

oh see you there I am working at Wembley Pk tube I will be the underground guy with a big stick trying to keep you northeners in check :)

I'll keep a look out for you :LOL:

Do I need to have a word with the lads, tell 'em to behave?

Oh, and A1 to dodge the roadworks ;)

(crafty, I thought M1 tinsley was 3 lanes now?)

Rob, there were talks of making it 3 lanes, the viaduct can certainly handle it, and the M1 there is a massive bottleneck, but for some reason it never happened and its still 2 lanes. :(

We are now looking at parking at Cockfosters and taking the tube
Ta very much :D[/quote]

How did you get on :?: I forgot to tell you there was no tube service from Cockfosters to Wood green this weekend :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back