Peeling paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ello all,

After trying about 10 tester colours we decided on one (our old favourite) and bought the paint. It's an emulsion that we used for the whole downstairs so we know it covers just fine.

We removed all of the old wallpaper which has been on for around 15 years, and I rubbed down one entire wall. I started to roller and one area started to peel as the roller went over it, it was as though the magnolia wash that the builders put on was coming off. I let it dry and rubbed it a bit harder in that area, when I rollered over it the next day whole pieces of paint came off back to the bare plaster. This is just in an area of random shape about 2'x18". I'm worried about the rest of the walls now.

I've never done this before and I was expecting it to be simple :rolleyes:

What should I do now?

Cheers

Phil

Sponsored Links
Have you removed ALL traces of paste from your walls before overpainting? If not your wasting your time,if you dont want to wash/scrub walls of residue paint,line them then overpaint with your chosen paint.Or rub down coat with oil based undercoat then apply emulsion,i know which method i would choose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back