Pendant Lighting Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've checked and can't see this anywhere and wondered if you knowlegable lot could help.. We have a pendant light fitting on the upstairs landing it seemed to take a long time to light up(a few seconds) it has an energy saving bulb, I thought it may be the bulb so swapped it with one I knew was ok- the one I put into the pendant was slow, working fine in other room, and the one taken from the pendant worked perfectly well in the other room ? If that makes sense, I guess I need to change the fitting but any ideas what can be causing this problem ? Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to you all !!

Sponsored Links
That'll be the dreaded Phantom New Years Eve Loose Screw Gremlin.

Possibly.

So do you think it may just be a screw not tightened down enough ? Seems a simple solution LOL ... will give it a try in the morning

Sounds like it! It might not necessarily be at the fitting you are having trouble with. It could be at the fitting before this one on the loop, or at a joint box, or at the switch or....

Sponsored Links
Turn your power off at the fusebox/consumer unit before going round with screwdriver. Cables will still be live though lights are switched off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back