Pensions.

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I have finally made an account with a pensions company called Hargreaves Landsdown. I have a small sum from a work pension and it arrived into my SIPP account today.

Now I need to decide what to invest in! I once read, or was told, go safe, with low fees. Is that pretty much best plan?

Fidelity Index UK (Class P) is rating as Low charge. Shall I just stick it all in that? I have another pension fund that is a bit larger though, so thinking, maybe I should go for some high growth, higher risk investment? eg Fidelity Multi Asset Allocator Growth (Class W), also Low charge. anus Henderson Global Technology Leaders (I) Accumulation has low fees, and seems to do well...

Ultimately, I guess it's down the luck what happens! Past performance isn't a guide to future returns etc. etc.

But if anybody has any tips, please let me know. I've been looking at these screens all day and need to do something!

Sponsored Links
OK, I have finally made an account with a pensions company called Hargreaves Landsdown. I have a small sum from a work pension and it arrived into my SIPP account today.

Now I need to decide what to invest in! I once read, or was told, go safe, with low fees. Is that pretty much best plan?

Fidelity Index UK (Class P) is rating as Low charge. Shall I just stick it all in that? I have another pension fund that is a bit larger though, so thinking, maybe I should go for some high growth, higher risk investment? eg Fidelity Multi Asset Allocator Growth (Class W), also Low charge. anus Henderson Global Technology Leaders (I) Accumulation has low fees, and seems to do well...

Ultimately, I guess it's down the luck what happens! Past performance isn't a guide to future returns etc. etc.

But if anybody has any tips, please let me know. I've been looking at these screens all day and need to do something!
It depends on your own preparation to take risks.
I'd probably split the capital, go 50/50 high risk/ low risk.
Some might consider it unpatriotic, but the far east is where the growth is currently. So I'd probably go for a far eastern fund. But again you don't have to put it all in one pot.

But obviously if there's a management fee, and there usually is, you might need to weigh up the fees with the splitting into several funds.

Well, I put it on all Fidelity Index World Class P - Accumulation, which is all the big US stocks plus some others from around world.

Sponsored Links
Well, I put it on all Fidelity Index World Class P - Accumulation, which is all the big US stocks plus some others from around world.
That’s a better idea than far east.

I also asked a mate, who I didn't think would reply in time, but he did. He said don't buy tech funds because most of the stocks held in the global growth funds is big tech, so you only gain a little from the added risk of newer tech firms, and get charged more for the pleasure. Fidelity is low fees, which makes it good for pensions.

JohnD will be along soon to tell you how he would make you a millionaire with his financial acumen

I'm with them, have been for years, it is quite easy to move from one fund to another.

I have about 10 different funds from all over the place, I have lots of graphs and stuff which I regularly look at, when one gets quite high I take the money out and put it in one thats a bit low - its a brainless tactic that seems to have worked so far. In truth I don't have a clue what I'm doing but quite enjoying playing being a city traders - LOL

Best one I play with is a south american fund, they just seem to yo-yo all the time, sell when it gets above 120 then buy them back below 110 - what could possibly go wrong, apart from loose all my money - LOL

seriously though, get some proper advise rather than listening to possible loons on the internet

Sponsored Links
Back