periodic inspection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi pips!
i have a customer that i do fire alarms and e/m lighting for, she lets her propertys out.. she has asked me to do the inspections, i assume that you do a visual inspection and not a test! do i have to be PART P? can i pick the certs up from the wholeseller? also if i can do this, whats the going rate? many thanks for any advise.....

Sponsored Links
It usually involves inspection, testing and issuing a Periodic Inspection Report which should consist of a PIR, schedule of inspections and a schedule of test results.
You don't need to be a member of a competent person scheme to do PIRs but you should check your insurances.
As you are not aware of the requirements you might be better taking a back seat!

depends what they want, visual if that's what they ask for, but normally inspect & test with possible limitations agreed beforehand, do you have insurance & 2391?

she has asked me to do the inspections, i assume that you do a visual inspection and not a test!

Rather than auuming things, you need to find out exactly what this person wants.

Could be anything from a simple visual inspection taking half an hour to a full inspection and test of everything which could easily take a whole day or more.

Sponsored Links
cheers all for the quick repley!
i was asked to do i annual inspection not test, i rent a property and they send a guy to do a visiul inspection i have the certs for my property and they look like what she is asking for! she is only asking me to do this as the agent needs it! how much do you guys charge for a visual?
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back