periodic inspection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, sorry to bother you.

Did a periodic inspection today and it will be chosen for my assesment, just need to to run a cupole of things by you.

Three bedroom house with two receptions, Kitchen and utility, summer house, division of circuits.

Non rcd protected
1) immersion (which i have found two socket outlets energised from) I decide code 2.
2) downstairs lighting
3 upstairs lighting

RCD protected
7 All socket outlets( a lot of outlets, including all kitchen appliances and a very large area, 190 square metres) code for it seems but with 2 tennants sharing and with portable heaters i want to say code 2 even though central heating is there. If mcb does its jon then code 4, advice please.
The summer house attatched to end of wing has a socket outlet with efli of 1.73. it is rcd protected, should this be code 2. the rcd will ensure disconnection, but it is a badly designed circuit that i dont like and the rcd just seems to hide that fact

8 shower, the extractor fan has a run on and is controlled by the shower isolator,(shower is in 10mm protected by 40a type b) but there is a 1.5mm three core and earth running from the isolator in a run of 1.5 metres to fuses for switch and permanent live and then into a triple pole isolator, is that bit of 3 core and earth protected. does 433.2.2 (ii) cover it?.

Finally can some one give me their opinion on metal back boxes not being earthed.

Thanks

the edit was for the fact that the socket circuit is on a ring final and protected by 32A type b, and by the way, a spur off a spur i will code as 2?

Sponsored Links
so the shower has live, switched live and neutral tapped off for the fan, and the live and switched live are seperately fused? one piece, nothing else tapped off? then yes 433.2.2 should apply..

Have the back boxes got a single fixed lug or are they both loose?

hi, there is a fixed lug, but what if someone changed to nylon 3.5 screws to hold the accessory, like if someone changed class11 to class 1 fittings on a lighting circuit whre there is no cpc

Sponsored Links
Quoting from Best Practice Guide 4:

Code 4

No earth tail link between the earthing terminal of an insulated accessory and a metal back box, provided there is one fixed lug and the circuit protective conductor is no formed by conduit, trunking, ducting or the metal sheath and/or armour of a cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back