Permanently On Light

Hi, in answer to your questions:
1) Yes, we shortend the length of the pipe so the board no longer rests on the top of it, but is on one of the horizontal beams instead. The wire is now fere and has no pressure on it against bare metal.
2) I know we are very lucky!

Sponsored Links
stuart_d said:
Hi, in answer to your questions:
1) Yes, we shortend the length of the pipe so the board no longer rests on the top of it, but is on one of the horizontal beams instead. The wire is now fere and has no pressure on it against bare metal.
2) I know we are very lucky!

You might want to check your earthing. That pipe whatever it is would have been live!

Sponsored Links
There is no indication of the the type of cable involved, this installation with steel unearthed conduit could be throwback to the 50's, when VIR cable was used and earthing was not required on lighting ccts. If VIR, I would be concerned and have a PIR done asap.
Jaymack

stuart_d said:
Forgot to say - we did also reearth it all just to be sure. It was not earthed before.

Sorry to be pedantic about the semantics. How can you re-earth it, if it wasn't earthed before?.
Jaymack :rolleyes:

These things are handy....

BXN.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back