Permission to build a toilet/shower room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am interested to learn whether it may be likely that the local authority will permit me to build a small downstairs toilet and washroom onto the rear wall of my house. I already have an extension (1980's) which extends 2.2 mtrs from the rear wall. I am concerned about the 3 mtr, total, restriction which seems to apply. I am unclear whether this is the permiited maximum which does not require planning permission or whether I could extend back, beyond 3mtrs, but with planning permission. The proposed extension is 1.5m depth

Thank you
David

Sponsored Links
You seem to have grasped the basics assuming yours is not a detached house. Upto 3m is a permitted developement, over 3m planning permission required.

You should however check out all aspects of what you thinking about by following the link in the thread below.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=235891

link copied from the thread for convenience:

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/100806_PDforhouseholders_TechnicalGuidance.pdf

As to whether you would actually get planning permission, it is down to your own local planning department. I would have thought that you have a good chance for such a small scheme.

As mentioned it is 3m from the orig house not the extended wall.

Have a chat with the Planners, try and set up a meeting and take some crude scale drawings existing and proposed and a few photos.

hi
up to my knowledge, what i am saying is before going constructing bathrooms beyond your wall, it is safe to take permission from concern department, it safe in forth coming days from any legal issues , am i right??

cherrypicker

Sponsored Links
hi
up to my knowledge, what i am saying is before going constructing bathrooms beyond your wall, it is safe to take permission from concern department, it safe in forth coming days from any legal issues , am i right??

cherrypicker

You no speeky eenglish very good yes??

Maybe not but he sneeky under mod`s radar and is running a succesfull access hire buisiness :LOL: :LOL: allegedly - who you laff @ cookie bloy :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back