Permitted Dev : Catslide should be included in roof volume calculation ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I'm doing a hip to gable conversion, with a rear dormer and have just had my lawful development refused because I failed to include the Catslide roof (circled below) in the roof volume calculation.
Including the Catslide roof, in the calculation takes me up to 55m cubed.
In my mind, what is under the Catslide roof is mainly bedroom space, with some under eave storage.
Is the planning officer right, or do you think I can argue against their position?
I can reduce the width of the rear dormer, but before doing so I just wanted the benefit of your views.
Thanks for any advice.
image002.png

Sponsored Links
The planner seems to be correct if that area has roof voids - the eaves storage you mention.

The there is existing habitable rooms not voids, then you need to make that clear and deduct the volume.

The planner seems to be correct if that area has roof voids - the eaves storage you mention.

The there is existing habitable rooms not voids, then you need to make that clear and deduct the volume.
Thanks for taking the time to reply Woody. What you say makes sense. I'll contact the planner to discuss. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back