Permitted development rules for unusual property with front door at back

@ OP; you mention going out 8m - so presumably you are using the prior notification procedure?

If that's the case, send your application in with details of overall size and position, and addresses of neighbouring properties etc, and see
what the LPA comes up with. If they do not believe it to be p.d., they will reject the notice and will probably write and tell you why.
This type of application is free, so you may well get their written opinion without having to pay for pre-app advice , or a LDC.

On the other hand, if they blindly accept it without considering whether or not it's p.d., and no-one objects, you're good to go.

[As for you, FMT, I shall deal with you later].

Sponsored Links
That sounds like good advice. I will talk to an architect and get some drawings underway.

Thanks for everyone's input.

He might be a one beam horse born a hundred or so years ago but every now and then that tony fella comes up with the goods! (y)

That sounds like good advice. I will talk to an architect and get some drawings underway.

Thanks for everyone's input.
You don't need proper drawings doing for this type of application. Just a sketch plan with overall dimensions will do. The plan you posted would be ok with overall measurements shown. Also a note that the maximum height would be 4m, maximum height to the eaves 3m, and materials to match the existing house, and put the name of the road on - that's all that's needed. You don't even have to fill their form in - just a letter will do.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony.

When listing neighbouring properties do I have to list the owners of fields? I have one obvious neighbour to the left. To the right is a field entrance and a public path then beyond that is a caravan park for temporary holiday visitors. Behind me is a field and on the other side of the road is a paddock with a few horses in.

Do I need to find out who owns the field and paddock so the planning department can write to them?

Is the caravan park a neighbour even though there is a field entrance (width of a typical gate) and public footpath separating us?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back