Personal identification

of some to wear the nijab and burkah, to outlaw the covering of ones face to conceal identity in public.

No. FFS, under no circumstances should you let muslim women wander about without covering their bodies and faces!

Sponsored Links
Now then, Do the police start the riots then? Do they encourage protesters to break the law? Do they incite the protesters into mass rioting?
Consider this,,, When do the police start employing these violent tactics you mention? Is it before the rioting starts or after rioting has started?.
Hmmmm let's just ponder that for a moment, while you think of the correct answer.
One day you'll learn of a concept called 'state provocation'... ;)

And when you manage to do that, you'll see that all is not quite so black and white as you'd like to think in the real world...

Throughout history, when people are pushed hard enough, they push back...

Right now, new oppressive laws are being planned, and guess what - the pushing just gets worse and worse...

How long before we will be looking for 'air support'!

when they assault and kill a non-rioter who is walking home along his usual route, do you count that as incitement?
just asking

I genuinely can't recall this murderous incident.
Surely your not talking about that troublemaker who was doing his utmost to be a complete Knob, and after numerous warnings to walk away got pushed,fell, then subsequently died of natural causes...?????

Sponsored Links
I am thinking of the man who was walking home from work in an annoying way, and was assaulted at least twice by a violent thug in uniform.

You may be surprised to learn that in the UK:

1) The penalty for being annoying is not death

2) Policemen are not authorised to carry out on-the-spot executions.

If peaceful protests are hijacked by others for their own ends, then surely, all the peaceful protesters need to do is stand back, not join in. IF all else fails to stop these small minded groups turning up to cause mayhem, then the only reasonable course of action is to ban all protests. Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear, therefor no need to cover their faces. If a law is brought out banning the covering of one's face, then I for one am in favour of it. Peaceful protest means just that protesting peacefully. No need for any protester to cover their face so they can't be identified.
Ellal seems to think the police go to these protests purely to incite and provoke civil disobedience. I can't agree with that line of thought at all.

No need for any protester to cover their face so they can't be identified.
And of course no need for any law-abiding policeman to remove his identification when gearing up for a fight, eh?

I am thinking of the man who was walking home from work in an annoying way, and was assaulted at least twice by a violent thug in uniform.

1) The penalty for being annoying is not death.

Absolutely right.
We would be short of a few certain members on this very forum if that was the case. :D
You not included as it happens.

So you ARE talking about that freak incident then.?
Hardly an execution. FFS.
c'mon, be serious John.

1) The penalty for being annoying is not death

Was this Ian Tomlinson? A very disturbing case. I agree that the police officer who hit him and pushed him to the ground , should have been charged.
I totally agree with the arguments that police should not cover their faces either. In this case there were clearly officers, covering their faces with scarves under their helmets/visors. and covering their identity numbers.
But, equally, there's no need at all for protesters to cover their faces.
If everyone could agree beforehand then anyone covering their faces could be taken out of the equation. Sadly, you know this will never happen. And we have the cheek to call ourselves civilised?

Bean,

If you or I were violent thugs, wound up with aggression, and had hidden our identities, and were annoyed by a PC walking past, hit him on the legs with a stick, then pushed him over (let's suppose he hit his head on the curb, or he had a bad heart) and he died, do you suppose we'd be up for murder?

If it happened in front of hundreds of witnesses, and was caught on dozens of videos?

do you suppose we'd find a pathologist to say he died by pure chance of natural causes before another took a proper look and said no, it was caused by us attacking him?

Have you considered that a lot of the trouble is often caused by violent police tactics?

And unfortunately the fact that they appear like this in the first place can provoke the trouble.

Both sides are to blame of course, hence why the 'ban' should be even handed, and the police also prosecuted when they remove their ID...

And the zeal with which protesters are tracked down and punished should be the same for the police who mete out indiscriminate beatings....

But it doesn't seem to work out that way does it, since the police have also been known to be able to kill with apparent impunity... ;)

Unbelievable.... so the police arrange this demo did they? if thos nobs didn't turn out, the police wouldn't need to get rough...

and the next day they need to be halping old lady's accross the road!!

it's a fine line, but if the cops weren't tough enough, they'd get beat up... none of us want that... we want tough cops.... and i don't go and smash windows !!

Bean,

If you or I were violent thugs, wound up with aggression, and had hidden our identities, and were annoyed by a PC walking past, hit him on the legs with a stick, then pushed him over (let's suppose he hit his head on the curb, or he had a bad heart) and he died, do you suppose we'd be up for murder?

If it happened in front of hundreds of witnesses, and was caught on dozens of videos?

do you suppose we'd find a pathologist to say he died by pure chance of natural causes before another took a proper look and said no, it was caused by us attacking him?

I disagree with you all... we don't live in your perfect utopia!!! and these coppers are doing a job and outside of their job they have family and kids.... they don't deserve being exposed to the scum that thrive on this anti-establishmentarianism.

If thos idiots didn't start the ruck, the cops wouldn't be there.

And people that want to kill cops should be strung up ffs !!
it's about time with saw this scum for what they really are.....

Bean,
If you or I were violent thugs, wound up with aggression, and had hidden our identities,

Why would we hide our identities, if we had no intention of causing damage or disorder???

You mean the very same witness's also wearing identity concealing clobber.???? :rolleyes:

Bean, you are pretending not to know.

The thug-in-uniform concealed his identity in advance of making his fatal attack on the annoying old bloke walking home from work

There were a great many witnesses on the street, not all of them were violent, or rioters, or concealed their identity. Some of the witnesses were policemen, and some of them were members of the public.

Some of the public were surprised, and upset, or even shocked, that the police force includes some people who are violent thugs, and others who are prepared not to intervene, or not to see, when a violent assault takes place.

Further reading here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ian_Tomlinson[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that.

"The video showed Tomlinson being struck on the leg from behind by a police officer wielding an extendable baton, then pushed to the ground by the same officer. It appeared to show no provocation on Tomlinson's part—he was not a protester, and at the time he was struck, the footage showed him walking along with his hands in his pockets"

Sponsored Links
Back