Help required please! (meaning of Troll)

Sponsored Links
It's a fishing term in this context.

The other trolls can be quite large....

Sponsored Links
AronSearle wrote:

So what is a troll in simple terms please?? Is it akin to a devils advocate??

No, a troll is just someone who is trying to create trouble, in short, to wind people up for kicks.

As the saying goes, 'don't feed the trolls', better to ignore them.

A troll must also be a dull person who possesses no personality at all and who has absolutely no social life what so ever.

AronSearle wrote:

So what is a troll in simple terms please?? Is it akin to a devils advocate??

No, a troll is just someone who is trying to create trouble, in short, to wind people up for kicks.

As the saying goes, 'don't feed the trolls', better to ignore them.

Thank you Graham, I notice you have just signed in to DIY, may I take this opportunity to say hello and welcome.. :D

yeah happened a last week and mentioned on the jeremy vine show and this morning and in the papers,
some guy was being a complete twonk,and the guy he was doing it too was a boxer.
so he tracked him down and was posting pics of where he lived etc,this then ended up with the troll apologizing profusely.he was doing it to other people aswell.

if you find the article you will understand why he wanted to track him down,there was reasons and i think i agree with him.

Good trolls are marvellous to watch in action. You need to find a forum with a few established posters who think they own the place but really haven't got a clue and have their heads up there asses. Best one on here is the Building Regs forum, and they don't like new folk on the AV forum either.

Or a forum where they simply have their heads up their asses. A good one is PPrune which is full of airline pilots. A more self important bunch of t@ssers are hard to find, they react perfectly when prodded.

The good trolls wait around and bide their time, then dart in with a tactical nuclear attack, then withdraw and watch the mayhem. Posting regularly doesn't work, you get found out.

The ones you get on here are amateurs by comparison.

A troll is someone that you can't out-argue. Which is why I'm referred to as a troll. For all your education, you are not an intelligent man, and I can outargue you whenever I wish. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back