pet detectore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
can anybody help i want to replace my pirs as i have 5 cats and want them to have the run of the house when i'm out. I was looking at the texecom 3D petwise but dont know if these are ok or can anybody recommend a better one :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Take pity on the local wildlife, particularly the birds, and get rid of the cats.

Sponsored Links
Petwise 3D do not have particularly good detection in my epxerience. The RX40PT by Optex may be a better detector but with 5 cats I wouldn't want to rely on "pet tolerant" detectors. Maybe it would be a better idea to confine the cats whilst out - the usual response to this sort of question is to adapt the pets to the security and not the other way around.

An alternative to pet tolerant detectors is to mask off the lower zones of the detector lens to stop detection. This really only works if the cats connot get above a certain height.

Great string guys. Surreal as ever.

If the cats can get around a house without being detected so can a burglar.

(Especially using the cats ladder!!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back