Petrol Hedge cutter stops!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 year old Petrol Hedge cutter that was working perfectly then stopped half way through the job. It now starts & idles okay but when I squeeze the throttle it fades & stops. I checked the spark plug & cleaned the gunky air filter.

Any ideas?

Its a Komatsu ht601d

Sponsored Links
Fish out the fuel filter from the tank, and see what thats like....also see if you can check the tank air vent.....there will be one somewhere!
Failing that, its a carburettor strip down you need, which isn't always for the faint hearted! The chances are its either a Zama or Walbro carburettor.
John :)

Thanks Burnerman,

I tried everything you said but flaked out at the carb. I might try adjusting the carb screws & return to where they were, may release something.

Sponsored Links
If you trigger the revs up as high as possible and pull the choke, be ready to release the choke almost straightaway, or it will stop. Do this a few times, to try and unblock the main jets in the carb using the engine as a vacuum cleaner. You just might be lucky.

The air filter is clean?
And the carburetor is tight on the engine?

2-strokes are temperamental, to say the least

They do diggers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back