Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I have some idle problem with my 206.
first i found that my turtle body is broken. so change it, then
I barrow an OBD2 scanner and i think i found the trouble maker

what do you think?
is it fault?
I've tried to clean it from all of the oil it has absorb bot its still going up and down like crazy.

thanks, and sorry for my bad English.

Sponsored Links
Hello!

I have some idle problem with my 206.
first i found that my turtle body is broken. so change it, then
I barrow an OBD2 scanner and i think i found the trouble maker

what do you think?
is it fault?
I've tried to clean it from all of the oil it has absorb bot its still going up and down like crazy.

thanks, and sorry for my bad English.

Poor turtle! :LOL:

Try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, reconnect it and then start the engine without touching the throttle pedal. Let it idle for 5 mins or so and then take it for a short drive and see if it stabilises.

Sponsored Links
Try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, reconnect it and then start the engine without touching the throttle pedal. Let it idle for 5 mins or so and then take it for a short drive and see if it stabilises.

its doing this only when the car is hot-after a20 min of driving.
the RPM is going from 400 to 1200 and the engine light is going on and off.
after its sit for a while the car is back to normal till its getting hot again.

PS
i clean the turtle and its much more smooth but the problem did not gone.

maybe its an air leak? how come its doing it only when its hot.

thanks you for your help.

Because its running rich when cold, so the air leak might not be noticeable

No fault codes?

Because its running rich when cold, so the air leak might not be noticeable

No fault codes?

I used an ELM327 and don't know how accurate it is.
i have:
P0350 - Ignition Coil Primary/Se....
P0200 - Injector Circuit/Open
P0105 - Mainifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pre...
P0002 - Fuel Volume Control...

Hopefully some of those are old codes, did you try clearing them and going for a drive. It might flag one or two codes to point you in the right direction?

Hopefully some of those are old codes, did you try clearing them and going for a drive. It might flag one or two codes to point you in the right direction?

well, i cleared the codes, took it to a drive and after 20 min when the car reached to 90 deg the car start to staling and the light came on and off, checked the code and got only P0200 - injector circuit/open

Have a look to see if the four connectors are still on the injectors. Also check for corrosion in the connector blocks. Give the loom a good shake to see if things improve running wise (bad connection in the loom).

Have a look to see if the four connectors are still on the injectors. Also check for corrosion in the connector blocks. Give the loom a good shake to see if things improve running wise (bad connection in the loom).

found the problem finely,
second injector from the right is stop tiking - when the engine is staling.
dissemble the wire connector and spray with contact cleaner,
still the same, coming on and off,
is it possible that the injector is bad?
or the wire some where is bad?
what color is the second injector from the right? - closer to the battery

Can you use one of the other injectors on that wire, swap them round and see what stops working?
If the problem moves with the injector, obviously its the injector. If it stays with the loom, its a faulty wire/connection.

Can you use one of the other injectors on that wire, swap them round and see what stops working?
If the problem moves with the injector, obviously its the injector. If it stays with the loom, its a faulty wire/connection.

Well the wire connectors is a part of rail you cant just snap one and put it on the other one.

How to i dissemble the injector?

You need to test across the 2 injector terminals with a multimeter set on ohms, expect to see roughly 12 to 16 ohms for a good one and open circuit for a bad one.

You need to test across the 2 injector terminals with a multimeter set on ohms, expect to see roughly 12 to 16 ohms for a good one and open circuit for a bad one.

ive change between the injector and the problem is in the injector.

Thanks you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Back