Snip off connector and use clip?

• Snip the bugger off and bodge it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get a replacement connector and do it properly.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Plenty about bleeding Peugeot cooling systems if you search online. I'm fairly sure that with some of them, you need to raise the level above the normal header tank in some way.

Sponsored Links
The Peugeot 207 expansion tank is the highest point on the system so need to mess around with chopping up 2L Coke bottles etc. I can't find any other information really on how to properly fill this system, Google doesn't help, forums are usually my last resort.

I guess I'll just crack that bleed screw, then start the engine, then wait for the pressure to build, as it does the air should escape, and eventually coolant should come out.

Last edited:
I've got a Peugeot myself, and I go on the Peugeot forums sometimes. I knew I'd read something about bleeding them with a header extension of some sort. I don't know if it says there, but I think it might be due to the heater matrix being higher. Whatever it looks as if you need a bit more head on the cooling system to get it to bleed.
There's a bit here.
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/207-36/2006-207-s-1-4-coolant-system-problem-22702/

Sponsored Links
Turns out this was the problem...

IMG_0228.JPG

Yup, I think it was my fault to be honest. It was a relatively new thermostat, so it would have had plenty of life left in it, but because I didn't bleed the air out of the system properly, the plastic probably melted and weakened...and snapped! I found a great method of filling the system eventually, blowing into the expansion tank! It worked a charm, system took more or less it's full capacity on the first go. Used both bleed valves, heater pipe and thermostat housing. Sadly, the bolt or thread in the thermostat bleed hole it all rusty inside, and the bolt wouldn't fully tighten when I tried to nip it up, is it OK to use thread lock on these, or is there anything else you could recommend?

It looks more like a mechanical breakage than a heat related one.....if the thread in the housing is stripped, use some thread lock, allow it to cure and then leave it be.....you don't want any bother there!
John :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back