peugeot 306 1.9 diesel,,,2000,,,gone sluggish and engine slightly smoking???

No but I accept it as a possibility although I would have thought it would have seized up by the time it got to that temperature.

John

Yes they were a brilliant engine well ahead of their time, most of mine were the 2.1 in the XM, they were even better, the 12 valve arrangement made them not only more powerful but very smooth and more economical as well. They also redesigned the engine by putting the thermostat in the return pipe which ended the head failure by boiling problem of the 1.9.

Peter

Sponsored Links
The French were said to be the best at making diesel engines, never had any trouble with mine over 14 years.

Me neither, I ran CX's for 10 years and XM's for 15 years plus a few BX's have been running 406 Hdi's for some years since then, I had a couple of C5s but wasn't very impressed. The early 8 valve Hdi engine is I think the best of the lot, not as smooth as the 2.1 but more economical and almost bombproof.

Peter

Sponsored Links
I nearly bought a metallic red CX Pallas CMatic back in the day. Love to have it now in the condition it was then. Or a DS .

Back