Peugeot Partner van

think i owe him a few :D

thank you all for your help i would have been stuffed without it.

Sponsored Links
Delighted to hear you seem to be on your way again!
Ideally the tensioner should have been renewed - especially if the mileage is high. Mind you, I've put new tensioners on which have had more bearing play than the original, so now I spin the bearing close to my ear and listen for any whirring sound. Just to add to your day, its often recommended that the water pump is changed too, as its driven by the same belt and access is a pain. New coolant is needed of course!
All the best
John :)

hi yes i did wounder that...... i have taken it up rd & the clutch appears to be slipping when you reach about 35 mph do you think it could have got some oil or diesel on it as it never used to slip if so will this burn of or am i going to have to replace the clutch? it is also still smoking heavily

I can't think why the clutch should start to play up, oil etc can't enter the bell housing from the outside really. However, if the oil level was crazily high I suppose it could have been forced past the crankshaft oil seal....I really don't know! Look for drips between the engine and gearbox bell housing.
I suspect that with the earlier shenanigans with the van that diesel was induced into the exhaust system and is now burning off, hence the smoke.
The black air box should be empty, of course and constantly check the oil level in the sump.....it should remain stable now.

Sponsored Links
sorry just one more thing the vacum pump that had wrong pipe going to it do you think the wrong pipe could have done any damage as it had diesel going through it im just thinking as it brake related dont want to go up rd then brakes fail.
thanks

So it seems to have had diesel in the brake vacuum pump......well, thats a new one!
Personally I wouldn't worry about that as even if it did fail, then its just the brake servo assistance that would be lost.....the brake pedal would seem bloody heavy to press but the brakes would still be working.
The vacuum pump actually has its own oil reservoir internally.
It wouldn't be a good move to let diesel flow down the pipe from the pump to the servo though!

Back