Peugeot 406 Diesel Estate T reg - airbag light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Can anyone help? The airbag warning light has started to flash on and off and stays fixed on after about 5 mins. Before I get a full investigation done by the garage has anyone come across such a problem? Is there a connection somewhere I can check?

The local garage says that they would have to dismantle the interior of the car just to carry out a check etc which all sounds very expensive.

Any help advice gratefully received.

Thanks

J

Sponsored Links
if you have airbags in your seats check the connections pined to the under side of the drivers seat, could be a bad connection or a small break in a wire from sliding up and down frequently ;)

either that or a faulty airbag sensor, best have a wee word with folk in your area to see if any small garages have a diagnostic fault computer & code reader. don't go to peugeot unless you have won the lotto :LOL:

let us know how you get on.

the only part of the interior they have to dismantle to check is the cover over the data link connector so they can plug in a fault code reader. wouldn't suggest you take it to that garage.

try a mobile auto electrician. look in the yellow pages.

Common fault on 306's as well. Loose connection under drivers seat - ash dealer to check connection or permanently connect the wiring

Sponsored Links
I used to have a 406, the air bag liht coming on is a comon problem. There is a switch in the seat so that the system knows where people are sat. If the wiring comes loose/iunplugged/moist it display the fault light. Have a good check around under the drivers seat and make sure it all good.

yep common problem with 406, ive had two with the same problem...its very common with peugeots, especially the 406..

That's a Common Problem..My Friend also have they same with ur problem...

Good Day

Regards

Albert

Common on Renaults too.

It seems the French cant make a decent connection :D

Under seat, the airbag pre tensioners connector.

Ensure you have your radio code, disconnect the battery, unplug & plug in the connectors a few times.
Reconnect battery, redo radio code & it should be OK.

Sponsored Links
Back