Peugeot 407SW 2.o Deisel Front Wheel Bearing (54plate)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys & Girls

Looking for a bit of advice , There`s a whining noise which increases / decreases on acceleration / deceleration , it sounds like its coming from the Front Near-side , Question is how easly it to change these , i believe the Rears are pretty easy to change but can`t find any info on Fronts ?

Any heads up would be appreciated , or recommendations for someone to do it locally to Stockport ?

Cheers Lucky.

Sponsored Links
Not an easy repair compared to the back, because of the driveshaft going to the front wheels. Ensure the drone isn't coming from the brakes?

Sponsored Links
If it is a wheel bearing problem - and it sure sounds like it - the volume and tone will change as the car changes direction, as the bearing loads accordingly.
You need a large hydraulic press (ideally) to push the old bearing out, and to press the new one in......the only way you can save a bit is to take the entire hub assembly to a garage who will do the job for you.
John :)

If you have a welder you should be able remove outer part of the bearing by running a ring of weld metal around the inside of it, when it cools it should contract enough to lever it out with a couple of screwdrivers, my answer to a press :D

Peter

Sorry for the delay in getting back , had it done at a local Independant Garge , as it turned out it was the OS Rear , £140-00 fitted , Was going to have a go myself , But got busy with Work (S/E Sparky) So I thought I`d stimulate the local economy a bit and have the work done locally.

Cheers for the info Guys

KLucky

Back